Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'll cry if I want to...

It's 1am. I've officially been 29 for an hour. It doesn't feel much different from any other day, other than it being the designated date specifically assigned to take stock of one's life. How much responsibility does one place on themselves and leave the rest for the fates to decide? Are the places we are in our lives up to us or predestined? Do we gather points for the good things we do and get penalized for the bad? Is it all chance? Are these questions even relevant? Who's to say? We officially no one, so it might as well be me. I think we make choices along our path that lead us one way or the other, but when we come to an impasse most of the time we continue to keep on going, rather than turn around and get back on track. What to do, what to do. Am I depressed or just depressing? Are you, dear reader, getting ready to dial that last #1, as 9-1 was pressed about 3 sentences back? No worries, as I whole heartedly embrace the next step along my journey, I merely want you to stop and think to yourself, "Is this where I want to be"? It seems a simple question, but one not asked nearly enough. If the answer comes back no, don't fret. You can't cut across 3 lanes of traffic just to get where you need to be, but keep your eyes peeled for that moment you can slide over to where you need to go. Sometimes you have to wait your turn and sometimes you ease in by the skin of your teeth, but you'll get there. Don't forget to signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers